Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening: Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Function: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Facilities & Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading the organization’s facilities maintenance by all trades, facilities scheduling in conjunction with the Club Directors, day to day custodial and service operations, preventive maintenance, energy and utilities systems, recycling and waste management, transportation, grounds maintenance and facility condition assessment and tracking.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Manage the Sanitation Technician, Custodian, Cleaning Vendor and Transportation Dispatcher by providing support, coaching and feedback, supervision, and guidance to ensure a high performing team.
- Manage team performance with clear performance objectives and enforcement of excellent internal controls.
- Establish and continuously evaluate the department’s performance metrics, team structure and annual plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide team members with professional and personal growth through ongoing talent management practices, including leadership development, skill development and position-specific articles/books/training.
Risk Management and Maintenance
- Ensure adherence to appropriate safety procedures.
- Ensure safe usage of tools/equipment operations and proper maintenance.
- Ensure appropriate use of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Ensure a clean, healthy, safe, positive environment is created and maintained producing a sense of physical and emotional safety.
- Ensure an attractive, welcoming and fun environment is created and maintained.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Serve on the BGCMC’s Safety Committee to develop a culture of safety in the workplace that not only holistically supports employees but is also proven to positively impact productivity and efficient use of resources.
Facilities Maintenance and Repair
Lead the planning, reporting and management of the facilities team to ensure day to day maintenance requests are resolved per established timeframes.
Lead the administration of BGCMC’s janitorial cleaning services contract.
Lead the Transportation Dispatcher to ensure the regular maintenance and inspection of BGCMC’s fleet of vehicles to ensure excellent driving condition.
Lead the administration of BGCMC’s professional services contractors to ensure adequate on-site technical analysis and troubleshooting for various maintenance and facilities-related issues, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire\life safety, and HVAC.
Maintain general knowledge of maintenance and construction standards, OSHA requirements, Safe Drinking Water Standards, ADA requirements, building code.
Coordinate and attend safety inspections of the Clubs and ensuring that any facilities-related issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
Facility Resource and Management
Manage BGCMC’s garage space.
Lead the purchasing, inventory and distribution of furniture, equipment, and cleaning supplies for all Clubs (excluding technology equipment and supplies). Maintain and manage an adequate inventory reserve.
Critical Liaison with Administrative and Program Leadership Team
- Attend weekly Admin and bi-weekly Club Staff meetings to ensure consistent feedback and communication loop on all tasks, projects, and supports related to supporting Clubs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
This position is Full Time Exempt position
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in property maintenance
Experience in an afterschool, club or educational setting.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of federal, state and local building standards and codes; as well as knowledge of OSHA compliance regulations.
Must have general knowledge in operation and maintenance of buildings and building systems to include: building envelope, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, security systems, etc.
Must have experience with development of capital and facilities operations budgets and capital replacement and renewal planning and scheduling.
Must have knowledge of inventory and equipment management
Must have knowledge and experience with facilities-related contracts and bidding practices
Must be able to read blueprints, as-built mechanical and construction drawings. CAD abilities preferred.
Must demonstrate excellent attention to details; must be able to handle multiple projects independently; must be able to analyze complex requests and requirements and make effective recommendations and proposed solutions.
Must have well developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Must demonstrate competency in verbal and written English skills including grammar.
Must demonstrate commitment to team oriented style and team building skills.
Must demonstrate ability to develop collaborative relationships with a diverse group including administrators, staff, and youth members.
Must have personnel management skill and experience in a supervisory role of multiple staff or related team members.
Must be proficient in using a Windows Operating System as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and facilities management software.
Must be available to address after hours emergencies when necessary.
Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently; possess excellent organizational and delegation skills.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently, excellent organizational and delegation skills, and ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Must have ability to bring a "best practice" approach to processes and procedures and enhance service orientation with Facilities, Planning and Management.
Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative, be attentive to detail and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Valid State Driver’s License
Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
General BGCMC Expectations:
Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
This position includes the following:
- -FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- -Benefits for Full Time Positions
- -Paid Time Off – part time and full time
- -$100 Sign-on Bonus
- -401(k) Plan
- -Tuition Reimbursement Program and Employee Assistance Program
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General