Events & Administrative Manager
Events & Administrative Manager
- Serves as the vital first point of contact at MCF, responsible for greeting donor and nonprofit visitors with professionalism and warmth. This includes answering phone calls, greeting guests, and directing general email inquiries.
- Assists executive director with board and committee work including preparation of meeting notes, board notebooks, and updating information.
- Supports the work of MCF staff in a friendly, dedicated and team-driven environment.
- Manages weekly accounting procedures.
- Orders office supplies and marketing materials.
- Manages flow of operational process including renewing insurance, updating technology, monitoring and coordinating needs for physical facility.
- Responsible for opening/directing incoming mail.
Accounts Payable & Gift Acknowledgement
- Management of weekly accounts payable processes.
- Coordinates with team for duties when absent.
Database and Donor Communication
- Prepares donor and professional advisor packets for team members.
- Updates database and provides reports for staff.
- Prepares accurate and timely donor acknowledgement letters.
- Manages gift processing in addition to the donor acknowledgement letters
- Sends quarterly fund statement communication.
- Responsible for mailing of grant/scholarship checks & correspondence.
- Scans all information into digital files in donor portal.
- Manages MCF hosted events (virtual and in person) including: several large annual donor events offsite, smaller donor events onsite, and monthly events for nonprofits.
- Event work includes partnering with MCF staff for planning, execution, and follow up with a high degree of professionalism and excellence to ensure an experience that successfully stewards fund holders and cultivates prospects.
- Requests and records RSVPs, payments and sponsorships; answers guest inquiries; coordinates caterers and vendors; coordinates speaker needs; coordinates technology; and other tasks associated with each event.
- Coordinates requests and guest needs for community room at Manatee Community Foundation for nonprofits and corporate ambassadors. This includes tracking request forms, recording use on calendar, setting up rooms, assisting guests with technology, ensuring that the facility is well taken care of; and cleaning up after use.
- In partnership with executive director and MCF team, manager will work to ensure that the meeting spaces are well utilized but do not interfere with business needs of MCF.
The successful candidate will have a passion for philanthropy and what it makes possible in our community; commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion and access; be willing to work flexible hours that include some early mornings and evenings. The candidate will ideally have at least one year of experience in event planning and enthusiasm for the process. Non-negotiable: excellent customer service, organizational skills, and attention to detail; excellent time management ability; experience and comfort in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; ability to learn new software including FIMS, Constant Contact, and other tools; be a team player with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Amount of Time Required: 40 hours per week; up to 50 hours if significant events are taking place.
Compensation & Benefits: $54,000 – $56,500 with excellent benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Interim Executive Director Jennifer Abbott at JAbbott@ManateeCF.org.